Saturday, March 25, 2006

Happy Birthday BRANDY!


Today is my niece Brandy's birthday. She turned Sweet 16. We attended her birthday celebration late this afternoon. There were lots of teens, balloons, music, tons of food and of course a huge cake. My sister through a cookout 'party' at a local state park inside one of their pavilions. Thank goodness it was indoors because the wind was typical March and very cold. You would never guess that seeing this photo!

I was there in the room when Brandy was born. My sister, Sonya went into the hospital on the 24th. It was a very long night and not an easy delivery. Brandy was born on my Dad's birthday. Although Dad is no longer here to celebrate this day with us. I am always reminded of him today. I know he was smiling down seeing everyone together ~ his daughters and all of his grandchildren. I like to think Bran has my dad's eyes, even though her father's eyes are also blue.

Happy Birthday Brandy! Stay safe driving.
Happy Birthday Daddy! I miss you much.

1 comment:

Sophia C. said...

Happy Birthday to Brandy and to your dad! That's awesome that they share the same birthdate. She's gorgeous! You have the same smiling eyes! One of the things that I love about the south... they do know how to celebrate big!

Have a great day! Love,
Sophia