Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Friends & Neighbors

I noticed Monday leaving to take my daughter to school that our grass had been cut sometime over the weekend. It had to have been cut on Saturday, while I was out shopping, because it was a beautiful day. Sunday it rained all day. I also noticed that my neighbors grass was the same height! My neighbor Mark does this occassionally during 'grass' season. A nice surprise. However, I feel like my immediate next door neighbors are also my friends. Our children run together. You can't say teenagers 'play'; that is such a 'childish' term. We borrow cups of milk, salt, sugar, ice from eachother. We call each other to find out where are children are at times. They are the BEST neighbors I've ever had and honestly I don't know what I would do without them living just next door.

I have been blessed with friends of many sorts in my life.

Jane, I have known since I was a teenager. We grew up in the same church together; taught a church teenage group; laughed and shopped together. She puts up with my terrible singing in the car!

Donna, I've known for about 9 years. I sat with her mother when she was very ill with cancer after my car accident; while she drove my kids to school. She isn't a scrapper, but pulled over Saturday when I squealed about seeing tulips and wanted pictures. She shops with me at scrapbook stores too. Sometimes even bringing me something and telling me I NEED it. We ride horses together. My kids have spent countless hours in her swimming pool during the summer and we also camp together at the lake.

I have a friend from high school that lives in another state now. Felicia. We keep up with emails and Christmas cards.

I have met MANY scrapbook friends through the power of the internet. I have a small group of ladies in the Metro Atlanta Area that I have had the pleasure of cropping together. I've met many others through various scrap communities. I've laughed with them; shared my scrap pages and passion of this hobby with them and my life with them.

I love watching my children develop friendships that hopefully will last them a lifetime. It is a RARE thing to have a true friend. I am a people person. I LOVE meeting new friends, people and getting to know them. My mother says I've never met a stranger. I got 'talks too much' on my report cards in school! So I guess it's true!

I'm honored by all the friends I've made in my life. Some are the "call in the middle of the night if you need to" kinda friends. Others are just those that give a word of encouragement along the way. All play an important role.

So to you my friends, thank you for your friendship. It means SO much to me!

No comments: