Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My 'baby' is 14 today ....Dec. 7th

It is my daughter, Leah's 14th birthday. One more year before she will be driving (Lord help us all) and this is her last year of Jr. High. I love this child, however, I am also thankful we have made it this far. She loves to try my patience!

This morning her Aunt called her birthday in to a local radio station. Leah won flowers from a florist here in town. How neat is that? I picked up the certificate and the flowers on my lunch so that she would have them today.

We had a dinner together and then celebrated. Leah opened her new Old Navy black shirt, a 'puffy' hooded vest and a new thermal blanket for her bed. She also received gifts from family and friends: new 'cool' purse, bracelet set, Christmas pullover, blue pullover and a $10 Micky D's gift card. Her 'away at college' brother even called her to wish her birthday greetings.
One of my co-workers brought her in a dozen cupcakes to share - there were plenty leftover, so we opted out of baking a cake and did a candle in a cupcake. With it being just Leah and myself, we didn't need a cake around to munch on with the holidays coming up.

I hope she enjoyed her day and she still has 'celebrating' to do this weekend with her father - dinner out!

No comments: