Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Family Christmas lunch




After opening gifts at home, we dressed and went to meet my family at my sister's church for their morning service. My niece, Nikki, played a flute solo during the music service. She did a wonderful job! Even though the morning was damp and dreary, spirits were warm inside their little country church.
The pastor finished promptly at noon and we drove the short distance to my sister's house. The turkey was sliced and the spiral ham placed on platters. We have for many years now done a sub sandwich type buffet for Christmas lunch, so that there is not a lot of cooking or big clean up. There was fresh roasted turkey, ham, sandwich fixings, potato salad and chips with a hot meat/cheese dip.
After lunch it was time to open more gifts. The pictures above are some during that time. The top photo is a picture of my older nieces (Brandy in the red, Nikki in the pink) with their dad, Jeff. Of course, everyone is trying to capture the memories! Under that is a picture of my youngest niece, Misty, playing with her gift from us. It was a hit! It lights up and plays music. The last picture is of my mom. Can you believe this woman is 70 years old??????
I have to admit that this year together went off without a hitch. We all enjoyed each other's company.

No comments: