Thursday, December 22, 2005

Holiday spirit !


I am finally feeling more in the Christmas spirit each day. Good thing, since it is just 2 days away!

Today was my last day at work until 2006! Actually we will open back up on January 5th. I always look forward to this time off, it is one of the BEST things about my job. Was able to run a few errands this afternoon, which means HOPEFULLY I don't have to leave the house again until I head out to church on Sunday.

I am busy finishing up gifts for the neighbor's teen girls, friends and still have to make the items for my mom and 2 sisters! I made a LOT of progress this afternoon and am down to 4 gifts left to make, along with wrapping everything and baking THE cake. Supper is planned for tomorrow night (roast in the crockpot tomorrow) and I have our Christmas Eve dinner planned too. Things are coming together.

Thought I would post a couple of more pictures of my tree while I am taking a short break from gift making. One is a close up of the top where I put this and that from my decorations stash together this year. The gold 'round' things are actually fabric flowers; along with ting-ting, silk greenery with gold 'berries' and gold pine cones. I think 'Martha' would be proud! One of my favorite things this time of year is to sit alone in the living room, wrapped up in a blanket in my recliner, sipping a cup of coffee with just the tree lights on. Gives me the warm fuzzy feelings.

2 comments:

cindyMN said...

Ok.I'm NOT getting the things poking up in to the air?? what are they??! LOL

Sherri said...

LOL! Cindy, that is the 'ting-ting' covered in gold glitter. LOTS of people use it on their trees. I usually put it here and there on branches too. However, this year it is just at the top.