Saturday, February 25, 2006

Haircuts and 'dos'


Got a haircut finally this week. It's a bit shorter than I wanted, but it's JUST hair and mine grows fast. I've actually had short hair since late 1983. I let my hair grow shoulder length before my August wedding. We went to the Bahamas on our honeymoon. It was SO hot. As soon as I got home, I went straight to Mom's shop and said "Chop it ALL off". That she did!! It was too short then for sure and with no help of our current day 'gunk' that can be applied to give it a styling boost. For the record, my mom is a hairdresser, still to this day she works at the age of 70.

I was once a 'guinea' pig at a hair show. Allowed a guy salon owner from Arizona to cut and color my hair. LOVED it! However, I couldn't fly to Arizona once a month to keep it maintained. Such a bummer too. Felt like a runway model that day.

Love my short hair though. Over the years I have thought about growing it back out, however, I like not having to mess with it much and still being 'stylish'. A curling iron nor a blow dryer has touched my hair in years. Plus I don't even use a brush on it! Just wash, towel dry, add gunk and go! Gotta love that.

5 comments:

Sophia C. said...

Sherri, I think it's darling! I never realized that both our moms were hairdressers! My mom did the "Cut it off" too, TOO many times! I learned years ago to never give her that liberty! Yours looks great!

Happy Sunday! Love you!

Sophia

Tina said...

I also think it's darling!! Thanks for sharing!

Colleen said...

cute!

cindyMN said...

I soo wish I could have short hair like that! you of course look DARLING in it!! did your mom cut it??

sussann said...

Too cute!! Love it!