Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Where is my Christmas 'spirit' ?

I wish I knew! Leah wants to put up our tree. I have no desire to do that. I have the bah hum bugs.

I have a HUGE list of things to get accomplished in time for the holidays - orders, gifts to make, cards! I have done a little shopping with Leah, so I have pretty much 90% of what she will get for Christmas purchased; all of which is clothes. Next week is her birthday, so she will get a couple of the items then. The rest will go up until Christmas, with just a few more things as 'goodies' - like maybe a new music cd. I have ONE item for Derek. I bought it back in the summer on clearance. I have no idea what to get him and will not shop for clothes without him going with me. I have no idea when he might be able to fit me into his busy schedule!

Maybe my spirit is dampened because I know this will be a very slim Christmas. I know it's not the gifts that make the holiday. However, I enjoy the blessing of GIVING and it's a bit sad not being able to do that. Not just for my immediate family, but for others too. Then there is the fact that my children are older and there is no 'magic' left surrounding Christmas night and how those gifts appear. I really loved knowing Santa would visit each year! Then it could be the fact that Leah, Derek and I have all had a round with bad sinus, cough and just feeling yucky. I would have gotten many of my projects done in the last 2 weeks if it wasn't for sneezing, coughing and blowing my nose. Not to mention the horrible headaches!

Please pass my holiday spirit and quickly!

No comments: