Monday, November 21, 2005

Rainy days & Mondays always get me down....

It is POURING rain out today here. I mean buckets; cats and dogs ....ya know - a LOT! Thankfully it is a short work week - 2 days. For the first time in 16 years I am off the day before Thanksgiving. I called my sister on Saturday morning, she wasn't home; now why would any sane person be up and gone by 9am on their off day? So I left her this message on her answering machine: "I'm dying and making the funeral arrangements, ya better call me for them." I really was feeling awful and I know I sounded like a frog on the phone. Sometime Friday afternoon at work I started coughing and didn't stop. Saturday morning - add to that cough, a stuffed up head, sneezing (non-stop!), running nose, headache. UGH!

It has REALLY been a busy, crazy, strange, wild couple of weeks. Gen's surgery and 2 weeks worth of pampering him; my back went out last weekend - so I was back on meds all week for that. Leah had a sinus infection and we visited the doctor for meds for her. Gen's follow-up visit and then I end up sick. If I wasn't living it; I wouldn't believe it! I am so ready for 5 days off in a row.

I have several 'Saks of Memories' orders in line. So I HAVE to feel better in order to work on those. Plus I have several Christmas gifts I would like to make for family. Christmas. It could be the weather today, it could be the fact that for the last 2 weekends I have actually been under the weather myself. But I am NOT looking forward to the holidays. I don't want to decorate. My cute little house kitten has become the Tazmanian Devil. You know the cartoon one that whirlwinds through everything. Every day is an 'adventure' when I come home from work to see what she has gotten in to and how much of a mess has been made. So I can not even imagine my tree with it's glass ornaments and this little wild kitten.

I have neglected my blog. However, with all that was going on, it was all I could do to keep up with working and my household chores; which have also suffered. Thank goodness I am NOT hosting Thanksgiving dinner this week! My house would not be "Mother" inspection ready.

I also planned and taught a class at work on Friday. We employ 6 student workers in my office (University). I held a customer service class for them, at the request of the Associate Director. So last week I was planning, typing the handouts and getting ready for my 'speech'. (Teaching a class is like a speech to me - I have to read, re-read and know the outline; so it will go smooth). I am not sure it went over as well as some of my previous customer services classes; however, it did recieve positive feedback. So that is ok by me.

One of my high school friends emailed me last week that her daughter would be on TBS this past weekend; during movie and a make over. So Leah and I settled in to watch for her. We actually got to see the clip and she did a GREAT job. I actually "know" 2 famous people now! Make that 3 - my uncle was recently on a lawyer commercial too. *giggles* This was the highlight of our weekend! Pretty sad eh?

2 comments:

cindyMN said...

HEY!! it sounds pretty good to me!! Hope you are feeling better..and have a GOOD thanksgiving. There is NOTHING better then thanksgiving at SOMEONE else's house!! HA
cindy

corinne5 said...

hope you're feeling better soon! and that next weekend you have a great one!

corinne5xxx