Friday, November 04, 2005

Thankful !

Tonight as I sit to type, my Gen Man is laying on the floor beside my desk snoring (Yes, he snores! He is truly the 'man' of the house!). He did remarkably well with his surgery and afterwards. The news, so far, has been better than expected. The vet said the tumors (yes, they found an additional one) were not inside the anal glands as first thought. Both were still encased and had not ruptured. The largest of the 2 has been sent to the lab to be tested.
I am so thankful that I will still have my companion and guardian around, hopefully for many more years. He is as much a member of our family, as I consider my own children.
It is so hard to explain how different this breed is from domesticated dogs to people who have not experienced them in your life. They are different.
Thank you to each and every one for their thoughts, prayers and well wishes. I appreciate them beyond words.

3 comments:

Nicky said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you and Gen. I've had you on my mind and knew you were going through all kinds of angst waiting to hear the outcome. Hope you have many more years together.

sussann said...

Continuted prayers that the test results are good when they come back. So glad he made it thru surgery okay.

Kip said...

I'm so glad for you that the news wasn't as bad as expected. I used to do show dogs as well, I had English bull terriers (not pit bull terriers) which are also a very unique breed of dog.

Kip