Monday, September 26, 2005

Rainy Monday....

"Rainy days and Mondays always get me down." Remember the song? or is it I just remember this line because it is one of those things that just stick it your mind? I don't actually remember the artist. Just like the 'lines' of wisdom that your Mother passes along. Every time I was leaving for a date in my teen years she would say the same exact words before I left the house, "Behave yourself and don't talk too much". Once I even beat her to the punch. She had just called my name as I was heading towards the door. I turned and in that teenager sarcastic tone rattled that line off to her. NOT a really smart idea! It granted me the 'look'. You know the one - the stare with a set jaw, eyes cutting you into tiny shreds. The 'look' would be what was flashed during the Sunday morning Sermon from the choir loft to me, while I was sitting on or near the back row chatting or passing notes to friends. The melt you dead on the spot into a puddle that would make you desire to slide UNDER the church pew. The 'look' that would let you know that when I get ahold of you, it will not be pretty. I have a teenage girl and I think I have developed the 'look' very well. The artist of my life looks and lines I remember very well and took lessons from those apparently, as I hear my Mother in some of the same words I repeat to my own children over the past years and still daily. Today was one of those want to stay in bed and rest days. Especially since I feel like I "poured the coal to it" this weekend. Did you catch the 'line' ? *wink*

1 comment:

cindyMN said...

HA..I LOVE that saying your mom said. I dont think I will have to say that to my girls..I always have to tell them TOO talk. They are way to quiet. Just like me.
I dont get the coal comment though??!cindy