Sunday, September 18, 2005

Happy Birthday Chyann !


Do you have the kind of family where when you all get together you wonder what might happen next? Well, I have THAT kind of family. Today's birthday celebration for my niece, Chyann, went smoothly. Chyann is the middle daughter of my youngest sister, Stacey. We all met at my sister, Sonya's, house after church. Sonya has 2 daughters, Stacey has 3 daughters. I am the only one of the bunch that had a boy. Mom made a huge lunch of chicken dressing, peas, okra, corn, potato salad, deviled eggs - you get the idea - a southern lunch spread. Derek was home from college this weekend and Granny wanted to make sure he was well fed! After lunch, we did birthday cake and ice cream, which I passed on eating as my lunch plate was heaped up and piled on. We opened gifts and I snapped this picture of Chyann in her 'Cinderella' outfit complete with the crown and wand, which was our gift to her. She plans to be Cinderella for Halloween this year.
Since getting home, Derek has packed up his stuff and headed back to the big city university. Leah and I have played with my new camera. She made some great pictures of 2 altered clipboards I have made to sell at the upcoming Arts & Crafts show. They are posted over at 2peas http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?gallery=1&cmd=display&layout_id=658713
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?gallery=1&cmd=display&layout_id=658706
I have no clue how to name the links here something different, so there are the links to check out if you so desire. I think the clipboards turned out ok, but the pictures are great! Leah took the pictures and she is REALLY good with a camera. She gets that after her Dad. He loves photography and she plays around with his camera all the time.
I haven't gotten near as much done on my 'projects' for the show that I had planned for this weekend. Being a Mom, I am also the 'laundry mat' for my son when he comes home on the weekends. So I've done several loads of laundry and still have my work clothes to finish up before tomorrow. I am going to toss in a load and head to my scrapbook corner to work on another album. Finished up a Halloween one last night LATE, while my son sat on my bed yakkin' about college, classes and one of his nutty professors. Those are the precious moments to hold dear in my memories.

No comments: