Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Why do I do this????

How is it that when I smile for a photo of myself; I ALWAYS squint my eyes almost closed??? I really don't care to have my picture made. I don't think I am photogentic. So here is a picture a friend made of me on the 4th of July. I like it ok, except for my squinty eyes. Does it make me look 'shifty'? *laugh*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Getting geared back up for school around my house. My son, Derek, will be starting classes back in a few weeks at his University. My daughter, Leah, will be entering high school. She actually will get a taste of things to come with band camp in about a week. Oh the FUN of being a 'rookie' at band camp!!! I am sure she will be testy, ill, hot and exhausted at the end of the day. Add that to the 'normal' grouchiness of a teenager and OH MY!

Scrapbook wise, I finished up several 'undone' projects at the house over the weekend. I also finished up a Circle Journal entry for Sally's CJ at ScrappersGalore.com. It was on Simple Pleasures. I kept with her color theme in the album and this is my layout. I hate that the scanner cut off all the inking; it does go around EVERY side.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Used some Heidi Swapp products (flower, tab label); My Mind's Eye ~ Wild Asparagus pattern paper, Ranger Distress Ink and a Technique Tuesday stamp. Sally did something different with her CJ in our 'sign in' was an actual page, plus she gave us the option of making an extra page to round out to 4 with a quote or poem. My complete entry can be seen at ScrappersGalore:
http://scrappersgalore.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=697
Or at my 2Peas gallery here:
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=927034

5 comments:

Toya said...

cool layout!!!

Melissa said...

beautiful layout!! love the pictures

I think your 4th of July picture is great-I wouldn't have noticed the 'squinty' eyes if you hadn't said it. lol

"this one time at band camp.." ;) hope your daughter has a blast.

plualum said...

Doesn't it feel so good to get projects done!

Much Ado said...

I love the layout and the photo is great. I am a major squinter!!!

Alicia said...

OMG... I almost said that band camp thingie too! Love the photo and the layout. Mom will LOVE it!