Thursday, July 13, 2006

Beach FUN!


I took my daughter to the beach for July 4th. We went with a friend of mine and her twin boys. It was such a wonderful experience as it was the boys very first visit to the beach! Leah is holding Caleb and he wasn't really impressed with the sand. However, I LOVE this photo of the two of them. It reminds us all to take in new experiences through the eyes of a child and see the wonder in our world. Although my teenage daughter isn't really impressed with the picture of herself not all 'dolled' up. I love it! She actually looks so sweet.

Our June sponsor at ScrappersGalore.com was Bo Bunny Press. I've shared a page with their products and thought I would also share this cute little cardboard box we had to alter for the month. All of my 'kit' had a beach theme. How awesome to use it with this and end up with a keepsake memory box for our July 4th trip! Leah and I spent a morning hunting shells so that she could save some for the memory box. We also filled a tiny ziplock with just a couple of spoonfuls of sand. Then she added her receipt from a desired Pineapple Willie restaurant t-shirt purchase. Along with a few other girly remembrances.

I fondly remember family vacations to Panama City Beach, Florida growing up. We went every year. We stayed in the same hotel every year. I even fondly remember a crush on the pool boy. I made a long time pen pal friend one year and we wrote letters back and forth throughout high school and even up until we were married with children. We lost touch for a while, but through the connections of the internet were able to reconnect.

I hope my children will one day look back and remember our family vacations through their albums, their own memories and a tiny keepsake memory box.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

You're right - there is something so special about vacations - when it's just you and your family, away from the everyday routines, experiencing something new and different together.

Melissa said...

I *heart* the beach and going on family vacations. love your memory box and shells to remember those special times. :)