Tuesday, July 25, 2006

5 months until Christmas !

With the temperature outside climbing close to 90 degrees today (cooler thanks to the cloud cover) and I'm thinking that we only have five months left before Christmas. It will be here before we know it! So for those of us that make our Christmas cards and Christmas gifts, it's time to start at least thinking about it!

How am I actually suppose to plan for five months down the road when my baby is starting high school on August 10th?! My oldest will start his sophomore year of college a few days after that!
Band and football will be in full force for months. My birthday is in September and I am FINALLY getting to take that cruise I wanted to do for my 40th birthday. I need a dress for the captains dinner. YIKES!

Does it ever slow down? You know, life???? I'm working nine hour days four days a week with a half day on Fridays (ten if you count in my lunch hour); which mixed with the heat and stomach problems (Doctors appointment coming up on July 31st) has left me exhausted. I'm a night owl that has been going to bed around 8pm! Or at least coming in and taking a mini nap; then still going to bed at night. I refuse to believe it is 'old' age!!

Scrapping ~ well I did do a page last week. So far, it's been fit time in when I can and the there hasn't been enough hours in the day to do all the ideas in my head. I have two mini projects I want to do and a couple of page ideas too. Plus I have a box of the neatest color cardstock cards that I purchased on clearance at Hobby Lobby. I have really wanted to sit down and just make up a bunch of miscellaneous cards to have on hand and possibly sets for gifts. Hopefully I can make some time for scrapping this weekend.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh WHY did you have to say that! LOL

Much Ado said...

Ha, funny you should post about Christmas....I was seriously thinking about Christmas today and how I would love to wrap up in a warm sweater and walk in the snow. I was even tempted to listen to some Christmas music....the heat and humidity must be getting to me!!! LOL