Saturday, October 01, 2005

I am thankful to call her a friend.....

Who? Well her name is Sophia Corbridge. I've known her for years now, mostly online. However, I actually had the pleasure of meeting her in person in Atlanta a few years ago. She is as delightful in person as her posts online. I don't think I could come up with just one word to describe her .... hmmm, genuine. Even that word doesn't convey it. She is thoughtful, caring to the point that you actually can FEEL it even through words typed on a computer screen. She emailed me this morning. Just a few lines. Simple? No they were words of praise and encouragement, about 10 short lines. Those words made me tear up. I felt like Sophia had reached out and given me a warm, loving bear hug from across the miles right into my OWN living room sitting in my computer chair. Just when I needed a little lift, there it was. Amazing huh? Yes, she is amazing! Talented .... anyone in the scrapbook world knows she is without question talented. (and I get to say I know someone 'famous' ! *giggles*). A wonderful story teller - the kind that pulls you in and makes you hold on to the last word. She is a lady - a southern one at that! Just happens to be transplanted to Utah. I know that if I ever make it to Utah I could knock on her door and be welcomed in like one of the family - she just has a way of making you feel that way. In fact, I've told her before that I would love for her to adopt me! LOL She has shared so much with me and others that she has, in my mind, broken the 'stereo type' that I had of LDS. I know so much more about her religion, that I have come to respect it. Being from a southern Baptist upbringing that is a lot! I admire her and her generous spirit.
This is just a tid-bit of what a great lady Sophia is to me and so many others. I am thankful to call her a friend. When I "grow up" I hope others will see in me just a tad of what I know others, including myself, see in her.
Thanks Sophia, for the kind words, YOU brighten my days.

2 comments:

cindyMN said...

couldnt agree with ya more.
cindy

Sophia C. said...

Oh my heck, Rosie! I'm just sitting here bawling! I'm was on the phone to Doug when I clicked on you blog today and saw this! HOLY COW! Doug's laughing so hard because I sat here crying and then couldn't say a word! I was so overwhelmed with emotion! He loves it when I'm speechless!! Okay, birthday today, tomorrow, whenever, you have just given me, what I'm certain will be my best birthday present yet! Thank you so much! But, like I've said before, YOU are the sweetheart!!! Love you big!!!

Sophia