Monday, October 23, 2006

Been a LONG time ....

Yep, it’s been FOREVER since I blogged. So let me see if I can do one massive update.

August – School started back for EVERYONE in our household. I work at a University and the students came back; which means crazy hours the first week of school for my office and busy non-stop days. I was also assigned a ‘new’ job task. I am now the Trademark Licensing Office on campus. Uh, that would be ‘me’; just me. I worked with the Assistant Vice President in order to put together the license agreement and get that out to all of the vendors we do business with here that use our logos. So that has been a huge undertaking. I have enjoyed the process because I love getting the ball rolling on new ideas!

My son, now in his second year of college, also started school back in August. He decided to take all of his classes on Tuesday and Thursday, meaning he can live at home and commute the hour drive two days a week. This saved a little over $2000.00 in fees.
He is working the other three days a week.

My teenage daughter started high school this year. She is also in the marching band. So August was a VERY busy month for her (and me as her ‘taxi’!). Band camp was a week and a half long. Then school started directly after that. The band practices 4 days a week, with football games on Friday nights. Needless to say, we are running the roads constantly!

September - I turned 42 on September 9th. I was fortunate enough to have a friend take me on a cruise for my birthday. This was a long time dream of mine. I ‘rang in’ my birthday in Cozumel, Mexico!!! Our port of call was ON my birthday. Now, the flip side of that was that is was EXTREMELY hot. However, it was two firsts for me. I took a cruise AND was out of the ‘country’ ON my birthday. Yes, I have a photo or two; didn't really MAKE a lot of them; but I will try to post one on this update tonight at home.
September continued with band functions and football games with my daughter. Plus a niece’s birthday tossed in there too.

October - We are ALMOST finished with this month! Where has it gone????
For me, it meant more band and football games PLUS adding in band competitions and festivals on Saturdays. I got in after 2am this past Saturday night from picking up my daughter after a competition. She has been enjoying it as their band has already won two Grand Champions at their festivals. We have another one this weekend fairly close that I plan to attend, weather permitting! It will be exciting as one of my older nieces will also be at this same competition. So it should be a family outing with my sister and mom attending.

So really you, what couple of readers I have (laughing!); really haven’t missed TOO much going on with me.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Well "I" like hearing about it, and I was getting pretty tired of that purse. LOL

Alicia said...

OMG... I was SO tired of that purse! I was SHOCKED to see something else there! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!